Quickspin has been striving to redefine video slot playability, and their latest release – Sakura Fortune – introduces a new achievements system that does just that as it gives players an added incentive to play more. In this article, after giving a brief overview of what Sakura Fortune looks and feels like, we’ll take a closer look at their ‘Achievements Engine’, as they term it.
Sakura Fortune in a Nutshell
Sakura Fortune is Quickspin’s latest patented video slot that taps into East Asian culture and brings to players a 4-row, 5-column interface with 40 bet lines. The in-game special features include Sakura Fortune Respin, Free spins, and a Mystery Nudge. It is possible to get any of the following wins – Big Win, Super Win, Mega Win, Epic Win. Let’s take a closer look at the special features:
- Sakura Fortune Respin – When you achieve two full stacks of Princess Wind Symbols, you trigger the respin feature. The total number of respins triggered is directly proportionate to the amount of wilds on the reels. If even more additional wilds appear, you’ll get more respins, and this continues until no more wilds land.
- To unlock free spins, three or more consecutive scatter symbols from left to right must be achieved on one spin. During free spins, if Princess wild symbols land on the reels, they will expand to cover the entire reel and stay there until the free spin round is over. What’s more, an additional free spin will be rewarded
- If two or more Princess Wild Symbols land, there is a high possibility they nudge into a full stack.
Sakura Fortune’s Achievement Engine
The team at Quickspin confess to wanting to take video slots in the direction of video games. This is done by adding extra incentives that can be likened to side-missions that accompany the main mission in a video game as well by implementing a level up system. However, this concept has its roots in another innovative element Quickspin previously introduced – Social Casino Games, such as those that can be found on Facebook. And while Sakura Fortune is the first of its kind, Quickspin intends to implement this system in their upcoming games. Will the games be networked, making achievements transferrable across the board? That’s a moot topic at this point in time, and we will see how it unfolds in due time.
Another way to look at it is that it will be somewhat similar to the VIP program at online casinos, but rewards will be dished out in real time. The way it works is there will be 6 achievements with a levelling up attached to each one tracked through a ‘Progress Meter’. This progress meter informs you about how many times this event has to be triggered for you to clear the current stage. In each case, there is also an associated reward displayed, and clearing the stage garners you that reward. The rewards come as tokens, and with enough of these, you can trigger one of the ‘Features’ of the game. Each one of these achievements has 4 levels – bronze, silver, gold, and diamond. The 6 achievements that can be unlocked in Sakura Fortune are:
- #Winning – Combinations that equal x10 your bet or more
- Scatter Madness – Using a scatter symbol to hit a spin
- Here We Go Again – Respin
- Sakura – Entering the Free Spins Bonus
- Coin Collector – Using a coin symbol to get a win
- I Love Wilds – Using a wild symbol to get a win
Wrapping It Up
Quickspin’s innovative approach to slots’ achievement system is proof that the up and coming companies are hard at work to bring a fresh approach to the world of online casinos. And while this new type of game is still taking its first few baby steps, we are curious to see the general public’s response, as this is the final word that breaks or makes new directions and trends. If you share our curiosity, stay tuned as we unveil more updates as they happen!