The Amaya brand has gone through various name changes over the years, and even today, it’s not really going by the Amaya name anymore. This is due to the fact that the company has been merged with several others under the name of The Stars Group, which is a well-known brand operating the world’s most-popular online poker site, PokerStars.
Even though this is the case, Amaya is still fairly well-known within the online casino industry under its original name, due to the fact that it was providing games long before it became a part of The Stars Group. Plus, it only became The Stars Group in 2017.
Now, while it’s true that the Amaya Gaming brand hasn’t ever really reached the heights and fame that brands like Netent or Microgaming have, this hasn’t stopped it from carving its own niche into the gambling industry. With headquarters in Montreal, Canada and various offices around the world, the company has proven its dedication to the sector, existing since 2004. Not only that, but it’s not only the online gambling industry that Amaya provides services to. In fact, its products span a much larger range.
Casinos with game provider
Das Ist Casino Free Spins Bonus: 150 Free Spins + €400
Over your first 4 deposits, you can get 150 Free Spins plus €400 bonus cash! Das ist a huge bonus! You will be able to play Slotomon Go, Domnitors, Domnitors Deluxe or Platinum Lightning with your Free Spins.
PlayOJO Casino Free Spins Bonus: 50 No Wagering Free Spins on 1st Deposit
At this no wagering online casino, 50 wager-free spins will be all yours when you open an account! Play your PlayOJO no wager Welcome Spins on Book of Dead.
PlayOJO Casino: 50 Wager-Free Spins on 1st Deposit
Join PlayOJO today and make your first deposit to claim 50 no wager free spins! T&Cs Apply.
Orientxpress Casino: €10 No Deposit Bonus +300% UP TO €1000
Get your €10 FREE No Deposit Bonus along with 300% UP TO €1000 Welcome Bonus
Das ist Casino: €400 + 150 bonus spins
Sign up with Das ist Casino to get €400 and 150 bonus spins over your first 4 deposits.
What Makes Amaya the Best Software Developer
Perhaps the biggest draw about the Amaya brand, is that it doesn’t solely focus on providing online slots as some other developers do. Instead, it branches out to incorporate other offerings, including the ability to power land-based slot games, the inclusion of poker gambling opportunities, intriguing sportsbook software and the design and creation of fixed odds betting terminals (FOBTs). That’s a lot of pools to step your feet into, but Amaya has managed to navigate its way through all these sectors relatively well.
Amaya hasn’t been shy about expanding itself either, acquiring various other companies throughout its multiple years in operation. These have included giants like the Cryptologic provider (despite the fact that it was bought back shortly after by some of the original owners) and Chartwell Technology.
As far as online casinos are concerned, the company hasn’t specifically stuck to creating slots for these. Instead, Amaya has crafted table games that are thoroughly entertaining within themselves, too. This means that anyone who chooses to access the company’s range of games can expect to see roulette, blackjack, baccarat and other options from the developer. Video poker titles can also be found within its ranks.
That’s not to take anything away from the slot games on hand, though. Some of the company’s best slots can be found at exceptionally popular online casinos, displaying the total range of Amaya’s reach.
Amaya Games: What Makes Amaya Excel?
If you were to simply browse through the list of games that Amaya has created over the years, then there wouldn’t really be anything that says the company excels in a way that is different to other providers. Yet, if on the other hand, you chose to play one or two of the games, you’d instantly see the difference.
For all intents and purposes though, Amaya is perhaps the biggest name in the online gambling industry as far as finance is concerned. While others may have overtaken it in terms of popularity and as far as graphics and game options go, Amaya still holds a massive advantage in the sense that it has long been one of the most financially stable companies in existence. This all started with the brand’s purchase of The Rational Group back in 2014, which was home to both the aforementioned PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker. That deal was worth $4.9 billion altogether!
That kind of financial backing, when combined with the many other companies that Amaya has taken over, works wonders for the developer. And even though it now comes as part of The Stars Group, this hasn’t affected the outcome of how popular its games actually are. Creativity is one thing, but without the money to pump into such creative processes, you’re not going to get anywhere. Fortunately, Amaya possesses both of these things.
What Are the Top 5 Games by Amaya?
- Arthur’s Quest II. As a follow-up to the original Arthur’s Quest game from Amaya, this second-coming features wonderful graphics and surrounds the theme of King Arthur and his knights of the round table. Excalibur will be your wild symbol, while three different bonus symbols trigger unique bonus games.
- Emerald Isle. Jump into the Irish spirit of things, with this game that features 10 freespins with tripled pay-outs. The game also includes a bonus round whenever the leprechaun symbol shows up on reels one and five, while stunning graphics really bring the Irish theme to life.
- Platinum Pyramid. For something a little bit different, the Platinum Pyramid game will suffice. This provides you with imagery of a sort of modern-day Ancient Egypt, with everything sparkling on its reels. Up to 15 freespins can be won from the silver pyramid symbol, and the priestess acts as a wild addition.
- King Kong. How could you not love a slot game like this, which surrounds the monster gorilla known as King Kong? There’s a certain traditional feel to all of its symbols, but these are still designed with the best graphics. Kong becomes the slot’s wild symbol, while scatter wins are also possible during gameplay. This one also triggers the King Kong Smash feature.
- Kat Lee: Bounty Hunter 2. A bounty hunter always gets the job done, which is precisely why Kat Lee is here. This game has it all – superb graphics, inbuilt wild and scatter symbols, various freespin functions and 40 paylines across its five-reel layout.
What to Expect from Amaya Casinos
It’s true that Amaya may not be the developer with the most graphically sound slots or the most exceptional range of themes behind its games – but whenever you play at an Amaya casino, you can expect an entertaining time regardless. From thrilling slots through to exciting poker games and enticing table games all the way across to video poker, the range that Amaya has covered is exceptional.
Plus, you needn’t be playing at an online casino to appreciate Amaya’s efforts, because it’s also responsible for providing land-based casinos with its software as well. When you also consider that the company has been operating for a great number of years now and that its games are found at a number of high-profile online casinos, the prime thing you should expect from playing at such is entertainment. That’s something that Amaya is all too keen to provide, regardless of your game preferences.