If you’re a software developer that has been around since the late 1960s, then there’s already enough of an appeal there for many game players. Experience and longevity stand for a lot in the gaming world. Barcrest is one such developer, first starting out in 1968 from the locale of Manchester, England.
When Barcrest first began operating, it was producing machines that would be used within bingo clubs, pubs and arcades. It was because of this that the company became the United Kingdom’s largest manufacturer of fruit machines. Once the 80s rolled around, Barcrest’s machines began being distributed across Europe, while the company continued to innovate with new MPU machines. It remained as a market leader for land-based machines throughout the 90s.
Yet, in 1998, International Game Technology (IGT) purchased Barcrest in a £42 million takeover, with a bid to gain its own foothold within Europe. This didn’t stop Barcrest from continuing to create games under its own moniker, though. The company was then sold off to Scientific Games in 2011 for £35 million, which is where it still resides to this day.
Casinos with game provider
Play your 99 Free Spins on great games from NetEnt. Choose between Starburst, Joker Pro and Spinsane slots! Yako Casino also doubles your first deposit up to €99!
At this no wagering online casino, 50 wager-free spins will be all yours when you open an account! Play your PlayOJO no wager Welcome Spins on Book of Dead.
Claim 20 no deposit spins on Book of Dead at Casumo when you register your online casino account! You can also get a 100% bonus up to €300 on your 1st deposit!
Sign up to Yako Casino today and get a generous Welcome Bonus! Make a deposit to get a 100% bonus up to $/€99 + 99 Free Spins on Starburst, Aloha, Finn & the Swirly Spin or Joker Pro!
Join PlayOJO today and make your first deposit to claim 50 no wager free spins! T&Cs Apply.
What Makes Barcrest the Best Software Developer
Despite the fact that Barcrest doesn’t specifically utilise the most up-to-date graphics in its games, this does give them quite the unique interface. If you were to line up a selection of slots from different developers, then it’s quite likely that you’ll be able to pick the Barcrest game out of such a line-up. The developer’s games are all highly bright and strongly animated, with blaring sounds and the like. In a world that is awash with games from various developers, standing out is never going to be a bad thing.
It’s also very easy to see that Barcrest’s experience is of great help, considering the company has been in operation for so long. Not only that, but the brand always discloses the theoretical return to player (RTP) rate in its games. While this would seem like something that all developers should do, not all of them do. Barcrest’s games usually always hover around or just above the 95% RTP mark.
Slot games have always been the developer’s primary focus, dating all the way back to when it started creating fruit machines for the offline industry. This remains the same for today’s internet-based gaming creations as well, so it’s likely that if you’re accessing a game from this developer, it will be a slot offering. The years that Barcrest has been active though, has given the company the ability to really hone in one the creation of impressive slots for the casino market.
Barcrest Games: What Makes Barcrest Excel?
As noted, the company has been operating in the world of slot games for many years now, meaning that it has a good deal of experience behind it to know what players want. Judging by the releases that Barcrest has created, the inbuilt features assist with making these some of the most entertaining online offerings around.
What’s more, Barcrest games and machines can still be found within multiple land-based casinos and establishments. It’s one of the United Kingdom’s most-known software and machine creators, so even if you’re out and away from a mobile or desktop device, you’ll still have the option of playing the brand’s games within a land-based setup.
Speaking of mobile devices, many of the company’s games have been adapted so as to fit in with the modern-day mobile gaming trend. Therefore, if you do possess a smartphone or a tablet, you’re able to play many of the brand’s games from such devices.
With its games spread across so many verticals – desktop gaming, mobile gaming, land-based gaming, physical machines – there’s little wonder that Barcrest has excelled over the years, and likely will continue to do so. Not many developers can claim that their products have been in operation for so long and cover so many areas. Barcest can, though. And if that’s not something for the company to be proud of, then we’re not sure what is.
What Are the Top 5 Games by Barcrest?
- Monty’s Millions. This game started out as one of the most-popular from Barcrest to grace land-based establishments. It has easily become one of the best from the brand online too, although it does look comparatively dated when placed against some others. Even so, it contains wilds, scatters and freespins to boost its enjoyability.
- Thai Flower. Taking you to the scenic country of Thailand and its iconic lotus flowers, this slot is sure to entertain with its wonderful graphics. The lotus flower itself operates as a wild scatter symbol, with three of them showing up activating the slot’s 12 freespins round. This feature consists solely of lotus flower icons and three standard symbols from base gameplay.
- Rainbow Riches. This slot is perhaps the very greatest one that has come from the Barcrest brand. Taking the Irish theme on board and spawning multiple follow-ups, Rainbow Riches is a thrill for all playing it. Wild symbols appear on its five reels, while its inbuilt features include the Wishing Well round, Pots of Gold addition and the Road to Riches bonus round.
- Hercules: High & Mighty. With up to 100 paylines coming into play in this slot, there’s little wonder that it’s considered to be high and mighty. The slot utilises the Big Bet function, which consists of five linked spins of the reels for a set price. Not only that, but you’ll have the opportunity to trigger freespins, Mighty Reels and place bets of up to £250 per spin.
- Call of Fruity. You’ve heard of the Call of Duty video game, right? Well, imagine a game with fruits in the place of soldiers. That’s what you’ll get with Call of Fruity. The slot merges the fruit and army themes in a riveting game, featuring a Bombsight Bonus and a Fly-By Bonus, while scatters take you to a Pick Me stage. Wilds will also show up to help you with forming wins.
What to Expect from Barcrest Casinos
If you’re choosing to play at an online casino offering Barcrest games, then you should first of all expect to find a lobby that features a variety of tempting slots. If you’re more of a table gamer or poker player, then the developer isn’t for you. But slots players will no doubt find themselves enamoured with what Barcrest has to offer up.
Not only that, but as you’ll find when you play slots from the developer, there’s always going to be something a little extra included in its titles. Whether that be a frees pins round, the addition of bonus features, the appearance of a wonderful theme or the execution of the game overall, Barcrest works towards ensuring that your casino experience is completely entertaining throughout.