Johnny Depp’s back as Captain Jack Sparrow along with his crew in the 5th entry of the Pirates of the Caribbean saga – Dead Men Tell No Tales. In this story, we follow Sparrow as he tries to elude an old enemy, now returned from the dead along with his crew. We also meet 2 new sidekicks – Henry and Carina Smyth – all of which, accompany Sparrow in his search for the Trident of Poseidon, even if each for their own reasons.
As we let this new action fantasy movie transport us into the seas of pirates, most of us will want to keep that feeling going. And what better way to do that than with some great pirate-themed slots? We’ve put together a list of slots that borrow this timeless theme, which we are sure to entertain you with seaborn adventures and tales of corsairs!
1429: Uncharted Seas
Despite this being a list about pirate-themed games, Thunderkick’s 1429: Uncharted Seas is not strictly a game about pirates. Now that I’ve got that caveat out of the way, it’s worth noting that 1429 is one of the finest video slots about fantasy adventures at sea. It’s designed to look like a tattered old map with beautifully drawn symbols representing suns, moons, stars, and mythical sea creatures. It’s laid out on a 5-reel 3-row user interface with 25 pay lines and a whopping 98.6% return to player!
Special features include the following:
- (Expanding) Wild Symbols
- Bonus Symbols (giving you up to 50 free spins)
1429: Uncharted Seas can be played at Spela
Hook’s Heroes, by NetEnt, is a fun video slot with stylised cartoonish characters. It features 5 reels, 3 rows, and 20 win lines. The RTP is set at 96.82%. The highest-paying regular symbol is the Red Pirate Symbol. 5 of these along a pay line will give you 900 coins.
In terms of special features, Hook’s Heroes is packed with interlinking ones:
- Features (Pirate Feature, Fairy Feature, Mermaid Feature)
- Scatters and Feature Spins – 2 Scatter symbols give you a 1 free spin on a random feature
- Scatters and Free Spins – 3 Scatter Symbols to choose one of the Features
Hook’s Heroes can be played at Mr Green.
Ghost Pirates is also by NetEnt, even if it goes in a slightly different direction from Hook’s Heroes. It has a spookier feel and the play style is particular to it. First off, basic information includes 5 reels, 3 rows and up to 243 win ways that can be set. The RTP is 96.8%.
The special feature of most note is the game’s selectable win ways. You can set it to 3, 9, 27, 81, and 243 ways. This setting can be changed anytime during the game.
Other special features include:
- Wild Joker Symbol
- Free Spins
Ghost Pirates can be played at BGO
Jolly Roger’s Jackpot
Jolly Roger’s Jackpot, by Rival, is also a colourful and vibrant game like Hook’s Heroes, also with stylised cartoon characters, even if with a design that reminds us a little more of Disney’s Aladdin. It features 5 reels and 3 rows and 50 selectable pay lines.
The special features include the following:
- Expanding Wilds
- Bonus – 3 or more trigger Bonus Round
- Free Spins – 3 or more Free Spins trigger the Free Spins. You can earn up to 50 free spins for this round.
Betsoft’s Barbary Coast takes a more serious approach to the pirate theme in this fully animated game. It comes as a 5-reel, 3-row slot with 150 pay lines and quite a selection of special features:
- Parrot Symbols – 3 or more trigger free spins and award instant bonus
- Cannon Symbol – Lands on centre reel to trigger Explosive Wild Reel that holds over throughout next spin
- Ben Sawyer Symbol – 3 or more to trigger Dashing Sawyer Click Me Feature for bonus credits
- Fight Bonus – 3 or more Captain Blackbeard Symbols on an active pay line triggers the Fight Bonus Round to earn extra credits and rescue a maiden
- Grog Challenge – 3 or more Worker Symbols trigger a drinking round
You can find Barbary Coast at Video Slots